Saturday, August 31, 2013

31 Aug 2013 - Flamingo report

When Robin came out to house and cat sit for me in late July to early August, we made a trip down to Tracy Aviary to see the baby flamingos. 

 Here is the baby as of July 27. I was wondering how big it had grown, if the legs were still black and if he was still in fuzzy gray down.

I stopped by the aviary on the way home from my birdy birdy day to check up on him. 

He has certainly grown. Still gray and black. 



This is an odd way to sit, but when your knees bend backwards and your legs are so long, this is probably the only option. 




He is definitely cute. Still fuzzy. I will be revisiting him from time to time. Wonder how old he'll be before the real feathers start coming in and the color change starts. 

So many questions, so few answers. Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment